- Nov 19, 2021
- 0 Comment(s)
Oxypetalum Coeruleum (aka Tweedia): Wrapping Up Stars Fit For A Bride
WHAT DO THEY MEAN & WHEN TO GIFT
IMPORTANT GIFTING NOTES FOR OXYPETALUM
Oxypetalum For Gifting: Do's
Oxypetalum For Gifting: Don'ts
- Oxypetalum flowers might not be a suitable gift for those with sensitive skin as the stems ooze out a milky sap that may cause irritation and itchiness.
- Be careful! This bloom is toxic to pets when ingested.
OXYPETALUM FLOWER CARE 101
Basic Care Steps For Cut Oxypetalum
- After unwrapping your bunch, remove all foliage that is below the water level.
- Pop them into a clean vase with fresh room-temperature water.
- Need more tips? Read our Flower Care Guide for more information.
Pro-Tips for Oxypetalum Flower Care
- The milky sap that oozes out from their stems can form a waterproof seal that stops the flower from absorbing water. To prevent this from happening, you may lightly burn the cut stem. Advisable to wear gloves when handling them.
- Keep the flowers out of direct sunlight, and as cool as possible without freezing.